General Power of Attorney:
To produce a General Power of Attorney, you have to provide the following with your application:
Specific power of Attorney:
Special power of attorney can be used for:
Cancellation of Power of Attorney
All documents from Kurdistan and Spain can be authenticated at the KRG Spain Office.
In certain cases it is a must. Documents include:
Requirements for registering a branch office of a foreign company in the Kurdistan Region and documents/actions needed:
- completed application form;
- certificate of incorporation of foreign company registering branch office (“Parent Company”);
- articles of association/charter of Parent Company;
- power of attorney in favour of a Kurdistan Region lawyer to undertake registration procedures;
- certificate of incorporation of each corporate shareholder in Parent Company;
- articles of association/charter of each corporate shareholder in Parent Company;
- copy of passport of each individual shareholder in Parent Company;
- audited financial statements of Parent Company;
- letter from Parent Company authorising registration of the branch office;
- letter from Parent Company undertaking to assume liabilities of the branch office;
- lease of premises in t he Kurdistan Region;
- evidence of residency of proposed chief management official in the Kurdistan Region;
- appointment of statutory lawyer;
- appointment of statutory accountant
For the legalisation process to be completed your documents must be certified by the Ministerio de Educación (Ministry of Education), Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores y de Cooperación (Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation), the Iraqi Embassy in Madrid, and finally, the Kurdistan Regional Government representation office in Madrid.
- To begin the legalisation process you must first have your original university degree certificate and results.
- The documents must then be translated from Spanish to English by a sworn translator.
- Once all the documents are ready, the Ministerio de Educación (Ministry of Education) must certify the documents in Madrid. This can be done on the same day, but it is advised that you call the Ministry beforehand to confirm this. You must contact the Qualifications Service of the Ministry at:
C/ Paseo del Prado 28, Madrid.
Tel:+34 91 5 06 56 00 ext. 65584
- The next step is to have the Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores y Cooperación (Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation) to certify your documents. You must apply for an appointment to visit the Ministry. Please do so by clicking here…
If this link does not work search the Ministry’s website at: www.maec.es
Take into account that you will have to wait a minimum of 14 days for an appointment. It is advised that you make your appointment online before coming to Madrid to visit both Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Education.
On the day of the appointment you must go to the following address:
C/ Juan de Mena 4, 28014 Madrid
Tel: +34 91 379 16 10 or 91 379 17 00
- Once both Ministries have certified your documents you must then go to the Iraqi Embassy in Madrid to do the same. The Embassy will complete this process on the same day, but it is advised to contact them in advance.
C/ Cañamar 1, 28043 Madrid
Tel: +34 91 388 27 24 or +34 91 388 59 80
- The final step is to bring your documents to the Kurdistan Regional Government Office in Spain, where you will receive the representative’s signature and the KRG stamp.
Please call to request an appointment.
C/ Puerto de Santa Maria, 42, 28043, Madrid
Tel: +34 9143 626 20
Visitors wishing to extend their stay in the Kurdistan Region beyond a three month period must apply for a Card of Residence.
Below is a general outline of the requirements for obtaining a residency card for an extended stay in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq:
KRG Directorates of Residency in the Region:
DIRECTORATES OF RESIDENCY
For more information and more detailed instructions on the process, please contact the KRG Ministry of Interior directly. http://erbilresidency.com/